ASC Building Products metal roofs are offered in Cool Dura Tech® xl cool colors which are Energy Star certified. Below is information which will help determine if your residential project is eligible for the Energy Efficiency Tax Incentive.
U.S. Congress recently extended the Energy Tax Credit, which includes a tax credit for Energy Star-certified metal roofs which are designed to reflect the sun’s rays and help lower roof temperatures while also reducing energy costs. The initial incentives were for metal roofs placed in service between January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2016. However, the date has been extended through December 31, 2017.
Details for Homeowner Tax Credits
- All Energy Star qualified residential metal roofing placed on existing homes is eligible for a 10% tax credit, up to $500 of the material cost. (Installation or labor costs are not included.)
- Qualifying energy-efficient metal roofing must be “placed in service” (installed), beginning January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2017. Any energy-efficient steel roof installed after December 31, 2017 is not eligible for this federal tax credit.
- The Federal Tax Incentive is a credit, not a deduction, meaning it reduces the amount of tax for which you are liable.
Qualifying Colors and Applications
- Low slope applications of metal roofing product purchased with Dura Tech xl paint system in Winter White.
- Steep slope applications of metal roofing products purchased with Dura Tech xl paint system varies depending on criteria of green certification program. Please refer to ASC Building Products Reflectivity and Emissivity Chart PDF | RTF.
How to Become Eligible for the Available Tax Credit
- For ASC Building Products metal roofs installed by December 31, 2017, fill out IRS tax form 5695 PDF | RTF (Residential Energy Credits) to apply for the available credit.* Disclaimer: ASC Building Products is not a financial advisor, nor do we give financial advice. Please consult your financial representative and the IRS website for further details.
- Download and print a copy of the paint Manufacturer’s Certification as your record of accordance with the tax credit requirements.
- Click on the following link for additional information you may need to make use of the federal income tax incentives for energy efficient products and technologies.