ASC Building Products metal roofs are coated in our Dura Tech® xl paint system which is formulated with highly reflective cool pigments that increase the solar reflectance and lowers the surface temperature of our metal roofs. The Dura Tech® xl paint system is offered in a range of cool colors that are Energy Star® certified and may contribute to saving homeowners up to 40% in energy costs.
With the Federal Property Tax Credit incentive having been retroactively extended until December 31, 2020, homeowners who made an energy-efficiency home improvement by installing an ASC Building Products ENERGY STAR-qualified metal roof as early as 2018 should know the following:
- The energy-efficient tax credit has a limit of $500 for all tax years after 2005. Homeowners who have not submitted for the tax credit for any energy-efficient home improvement (new windows, doors, insulation, or Energy Star-qualified roof) may qualify.
- The homeowner’s primary residence may be eligible for the tax credit.
- To receive tax credit, the Homeowner must complete and submit IRS Form 5695: Residential Energy Credits.
- Reference the ASC Building Products Reflectivity and Emissivity Chart to confirm color reflectance performance based on Energy Star Roof Product Criteria.
Energy Star Roof Product Criteria:
- Low Slope roofs must have an initial solar reflectance of ≥ 0.65. After 3 years, the solar reflectance must be ≥ 0.50.
- Steep Slope roofs must have an initial solar reflectance of ≥ 0.25. After 3 years, the solar reflectance must be ≥ 0.15.